Every day is our day


Take some time today to think of the women in your life who taught you how to be strong...how to be unique and feel the fire in your belly for the things that drive you wild in your quest for knowledge and wisdom. For those who told you it's OK to laugh...that it's OK to cry.  That girls CAN do that...that YOU can do that. That you are valued for who you are and your presence, not for what you look like or what you can give or bring. You are enough.

My dear friends - I salute you. I thank you. I love you. I am making changes in the hopes of making more space for you in my life and heart so that no matter how little or how much time I have on this earth I will have spent part of it making sure you all know how important you are to me. I would not be where I am now without the strength and laughter freely given to me when I was the lowest of the lows and I am unable to fully express my gratitude. I want to inspire you in the ways you have inspired me - just by being the amazing women you are.

To the role models in my life:
My dear mum - I miss you. You quietly showed me how to love and give and work with peace and contentment and to find joy in all the little things. I keep you with me in my heart.

My sister - you are strong and confident and you bring order and strength and class to whatever you put your mind to and I am so glad to call you my friend You inspire me to be a strong leader and mentor.

To the mentors in science - you show me how to be smart and strong in a strange and sterile academic environment and that to build up others in the pursuit of greatness is the best way to learn. As I grow older and slide into that role I hope that I can work to be that kind of mentor to others.

To my friends, new and old- Although I am often lacking in words I hope you know how your very presence in my life gives me strength to live my life my way. Having fought for my life and gotten it back with you cheering me on I want to make sure that you all know just how much that means to me. I don't know if there is any way to even begin to encapsulate it, but I will say this - that if you ever need me I will be there. Know that I  have your back....and knowing you have *my* back and that even if our world crumbles and burns to the ground in a whirling dervish of chaos there is a shelter from it all in our hearts? I am truly blessed.


Thing is -we've all made it through some serious shit in our lives, and I'm sure there's more to come, but when it all boils down to it it is the people in our lives that can really elevate us and I want to thank you for being who you are. Some of you ladies I've never even met in person, but it doesn't diminish how thankful I am for your kind words, encouragement and for sharing your lives with me. Together we are stronger. Sisters and Friends. One day at a time :)

No comments: