Here we go


So.
How's things?
It's all sorts of good here.
There was a cancellation, so I am booked to go in for my fat grafting surgery next friday afternoon on the 26th for a day surgery. It's actually about as perfectly scheduled into my life as possible so as to not impact my summer, so I'm very pleased. I could do without the soreness and being off work a week, but hopefully I'll heal up pretty quick. I just have to decide if I want to let him do some scar revision when I'm under too...it would mean a bit more healing, but at this point if I'm gonna let them suck fat out and move it somewhere else I figure I should let them do everything they can to make the skin on top look good too Yes it would be a bit more skin healing, but maybe it's better in the long run. I may just tell him to do what he feels is best and see what I have when I wake up :)

I was hoping to have more time to dial in my fitness a get more fit and have been munching back on the few pounds I worked so hard to lose previously over the last few weeks, but over all I've been healthy and other than a bit of jiggle I am strong, so I know I will be OK. I just have this irrational fear of losing the fat that I am having relocated later, but what is will be I guess. I am hoping I can go for walks with the weather getting better during recovery so even if I can't work out for about a month or so I will be able to walk and be relatively OK for the hike I am planning in the mountains in July. My friend Terra who I will be hiking with will be preggers so I will be able to take it easy anyways! Summer should be easy, and although I really don't have spare holidays since I have things booked up it is really nice to be looking forward to summer.

J has been busy working to build a stage for a spring music festival with his friends - that is coming up this weekend and I've had lots of time to relax and spend with family while he's been away working here and there. I have had some time by myself and am trying to use it to catch up on things around the house and get back on track with what I need to get done this summer. J still has issues sometimes, but with lots to work on it's helped immensely. Still working to build better communication. There is love and I will continue to try to stand up for me and what is important to me and try to build us up stronger.

I went up to see my dad this past weekend at the lake and had a great time visiting. We went to my mum's grave on mother's day and brought here a bunch of red carnations (her favourite) and then had lunch before I came home - I was so glad to be able to think about mum on mother's day. It rained all day until right before we got to the graveyard where the sun shone and the birds sang for us for a bit.  I don't get to see my dad enough so it was really a great visit. I hope I can get there again soon.

Dad & I :)

Have a great week everyone. I'm off to tabata class and then I have a date with my living room to get some chores done. Cheers!


No comments: